One of the easiest ways to stay healthy is to cook your own meals. You know exactly what is going into the meal and can make modifications to match your goals. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite healthy meals that is quick and easy to make! I found this recipe on the Skinny Taste website, which is one of the best websites for healthy meals. I made a few modifications as a college student, but followed most of the recipe.
Healthy Bruschetta Chicken
- 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar (I used balsamic glaze instead)
- 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
- 1.25 lbs chicken cutlets
- Combine onion, olive oil, balsamic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop tomatoes and combine with garlic, basil, onion-balsamic combo, and salt and pepper to taste. Let this it for at least 10 minutes (or even overnight).
- Toss in the cheese when you serve.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill the chicken (I cooked mine in the slow cooker so it could cook while I was in class).
- Serve the chicken topped with the bruschetta.
MACROS: Calories: 237 | Fat: 8.5 g | Carbs: 7 g | Protein: 32 g
This meal is pretty simple, healthy, and in my opinion, delicious! You can serve it with any healthy side of your choosing and you’re all set. If you can, I would chop your ingredients the night before (or any time before you’re ready to serve the meal). I chopped my bruschetta ingredients in between class so when I came home later, I just had to top the chicken and the meal was ready. I’ve also made this recipe with grilled chicken before. I do prefer the chicken to be grilled, but the slow cooker was a great alternative for a busy day.
I recommend checking out Skinny Taste’s website. There are a lot of healthy meal options that you can choose from and the website is organized nicely to help you achieve your personal goals. When you have the chance, I always recommend cooking your own meals. They are usually healthier than eating out and I find cooking to be enjoyable. Let me know in the comments below if you try this healthy recipe!
I’d like to thank my Dad, Paul Matker, for sponsoring this meal. It is greatly appreciated!
- 2021 Parents & In-Laws Gift Guide
- 2021 Beauty Lover’s Gift Guide
- 2021 Homeowner’s Gift Guide
- 2021 Men’s Clothing Gift Guide
- 2021 Men’s Shoe Gift Guide